News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Graham Heathcote

Author Topic: Graham Heathcote  (Read 4608 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Graham Heathcote
« on: April 01, 2010, 12:54:10 PM »

I have read some posts about getting a new manager, some people haven't got a clue. If we went full time or even got a new manager then the club will sink. We do not bring enough supporters in to go full time, plus we need to spend on ground improvements to even think about going up. Graham has done an unbelievable job, anyone else and this ship would have sunk a long long time ago. If we had a fully fit team I honestly believe we would have made the play offs. Hopefull Kearney and Johnson can get themselves fully fit plus the signing of 3 more quality players we will be there next season. I honestly believe our defence is one of the best in the conference, just need to tighten midfield up, Doran has helped in that department. Need cover for the wings and left back, I have been impressed with Brown but I would still try and persuade Danny Adams. Going back to Graham, he has done an amazing job, he and Big Ken have the ability to attract quality players on a part time wage. I am quessing the people who have been mentioning a new manager are young kids who have not been around non-league football for a number of years. In this league there is a  fine line between spending/going full time and going bust. I have been really happy this season and as I said 3 more quality players, plus keeping most of the squad then we will be up there. A fit Dale Johnson will be like a new signing. I would let Robbie go this summer, really struggled this season.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Graham Heathcote
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 12:57:10 PM »

It was an April Fools joke.

::)
Come on Alty!

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 01:20:47 PM »

;D

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 01:36:01 PM »

Despite an excellent post that makes perfect sense and logic........I have to ask you to put the outfit on and stand in the corner Mr Needham!

Narcissist

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 02:00:11 PM »

Whoooooooooooosh!

That reminded of a classic story when the MEN ran an April Fools story on the front page of Man U buying their own jet in their colours etc.

My mate got his bimbo mrs to ring up man u so she could apply to be an air hostess for them. She was arguing with the fella who was denying it all, saying 'dont lie to me ive seen the plane in the paper'.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 02:07:42 PM »

Id be very suprised to see adams or twiss here next season.Weve plentyful cover at fullback and we need a decent 20 goal a season striker,main priority is keeping our current squad together and bringing in a marquee forward and a ball playing centre midfielder.If we can do that we'd be a good bet for a playoff spot at least.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 04:26:55 PM »

Id be very suprised to see adams or twiss here next season.Weve plentyful cover at fullback and we need a decent 20 goal a season striker,main priority is keeping our current squad together and bringing in a marquee forward and a ball playing centre midfielder.If we can do that we'd be a good bet for a playoff spot at least.

Is that a subtle reference to the size of the great Tunna's shirt?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 05:55:04 PM »

What exactly is a 'Marquee Forward' have I been missing something ?

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 12:52:05 AM »

Someone who gets behind the opposing back 4 and loiters within tent (where's that bloody coat ?)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 09:38:23 AM »

Someone who gets behind the opposing back 4 and loiters within tent (where's that bloody coat ?)

I thought it was someone who paid Attention for 90 minutes.
or
Wore a Big Top

lend us ya coat Phil.  ;) :D

Hughsey though is bang on, it actually  means  Being an athlete of exceptional skill and popularity

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 11:46:16 AM »

Like John McAliskey then ?  ;)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 12:12:33 PM »

As normal I read one post when I was in a rush. Yes I fell for it, doh !!! Should have read more posts. Anyway, can I anyone tell I like Graham ? ha ha

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 12:34:02 PM »

isnt tom kearney a ball playing central midfielder or is really off to the usa?

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2010, 12:40:46 PM »

We've showed just how vulnerable we are when Kearney goes, so another would really help if ever he can't play.

bighairedmike

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2010, 01:01:13 PM »

isnt tom kearney a ball playing central midfielder or is really off to the usa?

A broken leg is quite a lengthy thing anyway. Going 4 months up to christmas without a ball player of his quality could lead to further troubles down the line...
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Graham Heathcote